Succesful Google Ads Strategies: Setup Like a Pro and Get $0.01 CPCMax Wilhard
In this article I will tell you about the best Google Ads strategies that will provide you with very inexpensive leads. There a lot of strategies, but I will try to describe the best of them as briefly as possible. Try to use all of them at the same time and Google Ads will make you happy).
Google Ads Successful Advert Strategy
Put your keywords in the headline and in the body of your ad and in your URL.
It’s a very solid formula.Try to follow it as close as possible, and you’ll get clients for peanuts! At least you should have one keyword in every headline.
One keyword = one ad group is the second “must have” formula!
Put every single keyword in different matching types in its own Ad Group. So, one Ad Group will have only one keyword in 3 or 4 different matching types. Read below Google Ads keyword successful strategy for more information about matching type use.
You should use these two formulas together. It will boost your CTR!
As easy as that, but it’s a lot of job! Do it and the results will exceed your expectations…
Google Ads Keyword Matching Types Successful Strategy
This Google Ads keyword long-term strategy works perfectly, and will provide your business with the cheapest clients. In order to understand the strategy you should know well Google Ads keyword matching types. If you do not know Google Ads keyword matching types, please, before reading further, read this article in Google Ads Help: Using keyword matching options.
When you setup your Google Ads campaign use the Phrase Match, Exact Match and Broad Match for every keyword. That is, you will use every keyword in three different match types. For every keyword use different Ad Group. Read Adwords Successful Advert Strategy above for more information about Ad Groups use.
Wait one or two weeks for keyword statistics, and once you know the performance (CTR, conversion rate, ROI) of each match type, keep only the match type which is performing best.
If some keywords have very low search volume, you can keep Broad Match for them. You can also use Broad Match to find more ideas of relevant keywords and to enlarge your negative keyword list using Search Terms Report.
Read Understanding the Search terms report in Adwords Help to learn more. Also read Adwords Negative Keyword Successful Strategy below for the information about how to build your negative keywords list and cut your budget by 50%.
Low Budget Adwords Strategy
If you have a low budget, start out by focusing on keywords that are presumably converting very well:
- Branded goods (dell computers, sears kitchen appliances);
- Two- or three-word specific keyword (cheap organic medicine, high-end toasters);
- Keywords with selling additions (buy …, order …, price …, shop …, cheap …, delivery …, etc.).
Also you can initially add your keywords only in Phrase Match and Exact Match. This will decrease the risks of wasting your budget on irrelevant searches.
One More Keyword Successful Strategy
Use only Phrase Match. And use Exact Match for high volume terms that perform well with a higher bids. Do not use Broad Match.
Most PPC professionals use this strategy. It’s easier and very effective!
Google Ads Negative Keyword Successful Strategy
Use negative keywords! It’s a must! That’s all the strategy…
Do not underestimate negative keywords. If you take CTR definition (CTR=Clicks/Impressions) and make simple math calculations you will see:
- If you cut uneffective impressions by 20%, you CTR will increase by 25%;
- If you cut uneffective impressions by 40%, you CTR will improve by 67%;
- If you cut uneffective impressions by 50%, you CTR will DOUBLE.
If your CTR doubles, you will get clicks at half the price!
Сut uneffective impressions by 50% with negative keywords and get clicks half the price!
Learn Google Adwords tutorial Add negative keywords to your campaign. It’s perfect!
When you will be adding negative keywords to your keyword list from Search Terms Report, you will see a lot of actual long search terms used by users. Use them to find new keywords ideas, not only for negative keyword selection.
There are some generic negative keyword lists with the searches you can be 99% sure won’t convert into sales. Here is a sample generic negative keywords list you can use. Please, read it carefully before using, as it can block potentially highly convertible keywords in your theme.
Negative Keywords Sample DataBase By 1centPPC.com (click to open)
Adwords Campaign Settings Successful Strategy
Use these settings for any campaign you create:
- Language. Choose the language of the country of advertising and your ad texts, there is no point in choosing another language.
- Networks. Create separate campaigns for Google Search and Display Network, they require different strategies and approaches. Always give Google Search Partners a try, if they do not perform well, turn them off.
- Bidding. Always choose Manual CPC and setup bids yourself depending on your budget and perfomance. But give other bid strategies a try, if they do not perform well, turn them off.
- Delivery Method. Always choose “Accelerated: Show ads as quickly as possible” option, it will ensure that your ads is shown every time a keyword matches a search term in Google.
- Ad extensions. Always use all possible ad extensions, as it will increase your CTR.
- Ad rotation. Always choose “Rotate indefinitely: Show lower performing ads more evenly with higher performing ads, and do not optimize”. Do not allow Google decide which ads are performing better, than the other. If you want the best ROI, you should check statistics yourself only and use the best converting ads, not the ads with the best CTR and the best performance in Google’s opinion.
Adwords Account Quality Score Successful Strategy
All the factors listed in the table below have a great impact on overall Adwords Account Quality Score. It’s a good strategy to pay your attention to all these factors and keep them at the highest possible level.
Adwords Account Quality Score Key Factors
Keywords Quality Score Successful Strategy
Keep a quality score for every single keyword more or at least equal to 6/10. If a keyword has a quality score lower than 6/10, you will have to pay a higher price for every click than your competitors for the same position. It’s so because ad position is determined by Google based on the following calculation:
Ad position = Quality Score (CTR) x Bid
If an ad has a high quality score, the position of that ad will be higher and you will pay less money for that. Moreover, there is a 95% probability that you will not be able to get the top 3 position for any particular keyword if your quality score is lower than 7/10, no matter how high your bid is. The factor which influences a quality score the most is CTR, that’s why CTR is so important!
Read Check and understand Quality Score in Google Adwords Help how to check quality score if you do not know.
What do you do to keep a keyword level Quality Score high?
In a nutshell, the most important factor for a keyword quality score is CTR, so keep keywords only with CTR more or at least equal to 4%. How can you increase total CTR? There several strategies which you should use all at the same time:
What do you do if a keyword has a Quality Score below 6/10?
Pause, delete, or move to another ad group to work on it separately.
Google Ads Secret Tricks
And I would like to finish this article with some little tricks: your best selling phrases for Google Ads.
- Try to start your ad header or text with the word “Official”, it can increase your CTR by 50%!
- Add registered sign mark ® to the header, it can increase CTR by 5%.
- Use display URL containing your keyword
- Use punctuation in your ad texts. Separate sentences by a space and a period, use exclamation mark at the end of the ad text. Or you can separate sentences by “-”, or “*” or “⋅”.
- Use threatening phrased as people more afraid to get loss, then are motivated by pleasure from gain. Example phrases: “Don’t lose $”, “Stop wasting time”, “Don’t be last”.
- Use your brand terms as keywords as you get more traffic than from organic search, this traffic is very cheap and converts in average 4 times better.
- Do not use your competitor brand terms as keywords, because they are very expensive, ROI is terrible, almost do not convert.
- Add abbreviation for “Number One” #1 to your ads, it should increase CTR very much.
- Add also something like: “No fee unless we succeed!”, “Save up to 40%”, “24/7 service”.
If you want to get one-cent CPC you should use all the strategies from this article and have at least 3000 – 10000 keywords. Also, please, read the artilce: “What is one-cent PPC advertising?”